Osteoporosis- Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors and Treatment
Osteoporosis is a progressive condition which causes bones to lose its density. It is the weakness of bones and making them more vulnerable to fractures. Osteoporosis means you have less bone mass and strength.
Osteoporosis affects both men and women but older women who are postmenopausals are at greater risk. Medications, healthy diet and weight-bearing exercises can help to prevent bone loss and strengthen weak bones.
Risk Factors for Osteoporosis
- Age: The older you get, greater the risk of osteoporosis.
- Genetics: A parent or sibling having already osteoporosis can put you at a greater risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Lifestyle: If you spend most of your time in prolonged sitting then you are at risk of osteoporosis because prolonged sitting can cause bone loss.
- Low calcium Intake: If you are not taking calcium then your bone will become weak. As, Calcium is responsible for bone strength.
- Hormone: Reduction of estrogen hormone in females and testosterone hormone in males is one of the largest risk factor of osteoporosis.
- Sex: Women are more likely to develop Osteoporosis than males.
- Loss of Bone Mineral Density.
- Change in posture
- Frequent Fractures
- Pain in bones and joints
- Loss of height
Role of Chiropractic Treatment in Osteoporosis
Chiropractors provide effective and evidence-based treatment plans to regain bone strength and decreases pain.
Chiropractic Adjustments is a technique that stimulates osteoblasts cells and these cells are bone forming cells. It also helps to maintain bone health and reduces the risk of developing Osteoporosis.
Massage Therapy soothes the muscles and tissues caused by osteoporosis.
Healthy diet and lifestyle Changes.
- Limit Alcohol Consumption
- Exercise daily
- Increase intake of calcium, vitamin D and other essential vitamins.
- Increase intake of protein, including nuts, legumes or protein supplements.
- If you are obese then you should lose some weight to decrease the extra load on bones and joints.
Consulting with Finchley Back care
If you have been Diagnosed with Osteoporosis and Looking for a Chiropractor near you for pain relief then we can help you out, A chiropractic Treatment is a All-Natural, non-invasive approach without any addictive medications.
At Finchley Back care, Your health is our foremost Priority. Get a Consultation with our chiropractors, we can help you to alleviate your chronic pain. Call us today to Schedule your Appointment.